Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

OPI Skyfall Collection

As a nail polish lover, I'm kind of embarrassed to say I did not know this collection existed until I saw it in the Merle Norman store at the mall I work in this week! It's a beautiful collection with a lot of really interesting shades, inspired by and celebrating both the upcoming Skyfall movie and 50 years of 007.

I could tell The Bondettes mini set would be awesome, but it was very difficult to choose which large bottle to get! I've been loving doing accent nails with chunky glitter lately, and this one's color combination was one I hadn't seen yet, so I went for it.

Here I have The Bondettes mini set, both in its box and just the polishes, and The Living Daylights glitter.

For swatches, keep reading!
The first picture is one coat. They're all swatched in the same order as they're pictured above. Because the box writing is kind of small, L-R they're called: Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, The World Is Not Enough, and Live and Let Die. The other three are with 2-3 coats and in various lighting to try and show you how beautiful each shade is!


I am LOVING these. I'm not sure I'd do a full manicure with Goldeneye, as it's much more warm-toned of a gold than I think is flattering to my skin, but it'll be a nice accent color for the holidays for sure!

Here is The Living Daylights. It's three coats by itself on my thumb, and then 1-2 coats over various colors. In the first photo it's without topcoat and the second one is using Butter London's Matte Finish topcoat. I just love the look of mattified chunky glitter and couldn't resist showing it like that!

In case you're curious, it's layered over L-R: Sally Hansen Insta Dri Whirlwind White, Wet n Wild Wild Shine Black Creme, Essie Tart Deco, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear The Real Teal.

Are you getting any shades from this collection?? And are you excited for Skyfall to come out? I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...