Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Favorite Fall Nail Polish!

If you thought I was excited about making the fall lipsticks post...that was nothing! This one I'm really excited about! Nail polish is my first love in the makeup & beauty world.

Quite a few of these shades I've either never worn or haven't worn much, since I got them in between this fall and last fall and they didn't seem appropriate in the summer! Others are favorites. A few were limited edition, so I apologize if you see one you love and then can't find it! But I wanted to show the ones that truly are my favorites.

I tried to keep it to the number of polishes that I could swatch around one nail wheel and I was successful - although I ultimately decided to show the polishes on my actual nails instead of on a wheel. To see the swatches and specific names, keep reading!

For some reason, I'm particularly drawn to neutral and metallic polishes in the fall.

L-R: Sonia Kashuk Two Cent, Butter London The Old Bill, Sinful Colors Zincing of You, Revlon Gold Coin, China Glaze Stone Cold, China Glaze Ingrid

Even though I think they'd be perfectly fine all year, I'm also more prone to grab the greyish shades in my collection during this time of year. Although Zoya Caitlin is one I do really love and don't refrain from wearing anytime. The photo on the left is without flash, the right is with. 
L-R: Wet n Wild Wet Cement, Sonia Kashuk from the Lend a Hand trio, Wet n Wild Bite the Bullet, Zoya Caitlin.

As with the previous photos, left is without flash and right is with.
L-R: L'Oreal Spice Things Up, Butter London Aston, Sonia Kashuk from the Lend a Hand trio (this is the same polish shown with the greyish shades, but I wanted to show it with both groups as it can look reddish and purplish and greyish!)

Of course I still love colorful polishes! These are some I tend to reserve for cooler weather.
L-R: Zoya Shawn, China Glaze Zombie Zest, China Glaze Zombie Zest over Stone Cold, Zoya Pinta, Revlon Impulsive, Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine

On its own, Zombie Zest requires four or five coats to be reasonably opaque, but it also looks awesome layered over darker polishes.

Speaking of layering, my last fall favorite polish isn't one I like to wear alone as it's much too sheer. However, layered over other purples it's AMAZING! I left the same three purples on my fingers as in the above photo, and then added Hard Candy Beetle on top - I just love the effect it has! The photo on the left is with flash, the right without.
I hope you liked this post! It was super fun to put together. What are your favorite polishes for fall?

3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! Last night I was pulling out my favorites for Fall to do a top fall favorites post:) Love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More proof that I need Hard Candy's Beetle in my life...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...