Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Candy Corn Manicure

I have always loved Halloween and doing themed manicures is one of my favorite parts! I think I do candy corn nails every year, but they're just so fun, and pretty easy!


Products I used: 
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Whirlwind White
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow
Maybelline Express Finish - Orange Blazes
Seche Vite Top Coat


To get this look, I started with one coat of the white polish on every nail. This white is my favorite because with a fairly thin coat you can get reasonable coverage that's not terribly streaky - perfect for layering! Next, I used the yellow. I just did a few strokes up from the bottom of the nail, stopping between a third and halfway up the nail. Because I knew I'd be layering the orange over it, I didn't make the top edge especially neat. The orange layer overlapped the yellow a bit. I tried to make the bottom edge of the orange somewhat neat, but also not stressing too much about getting it perfect because, let's face it, actual candy corns are never perfect! The white layer started in the same way, but I tried to make it closer to the tip since usually the orange is the thickest layer on candy corn. Since there was already some white on the tip from the bottom layer, all the polishes only needed one coat, so this manicure was actually pretty fast to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...