Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

ELF Studio Products–Review and Swatches

ELF Cream Liner - Gunmetal

Cream Eyeliner – Gunmetal

ELF Lip Stain - Birthday Suit

Lip Stain – Birthday Suit

ELF Gunmetal and Birthday Suit Swatches

Swatched on my hand

ELF Lip Stain - Birthday Suit Swatch

Lip stain on my lips (before I applied gloss)

 

The cream liner is very creamy and lasts well on my lids (I always set cream liner with powder; I haven’t tried it alone), however I do feel that it applies pretty sheer and takes a layer or two before it looks how I want it to. For $3, I’m not really complaining, though.

The lip stain is easy to apply, but takes a really long time to dry on the lips. Barely any gloss comes out each time I remove the wand, I need to re-dip the wand several times to get anything on my lips! As a result of too little product, I have noticed that it can sometimes pull the stain color back off with it. I’ve had much better luck when I just use the stain and then a different gloss. I definitely do not recommend using this product if you have dry lips as it can settle into flakey areas and highlight them, which no one wants! I do love the color. Pale pink is pretty much my nude, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...