Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nails of the Day: Rainbow Sparkle + Crackle Manicure

Once again I was inspired by a nail tutorial from sayanythingbr00ke on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBaQUb3N0Dw)
This manicure didn't take nearly as long as I expected! To make cleanup easier, I applied Vaseline all around my nails (but NOT touching the actual nails) because it just wipes off with the excess polish at the end.


Obviously I changed a few things about the manicure, but it was inspired by Brooke's video. I chose to do sparkly polishes since I've been really into them lately. I would have liked to use a black crackle rather than grey, but I don't have a black. I don't hate the grey, but it's definitely not the same effect.

Before I applied the crackle polish













The polishes I used are:
Pink: China Glaze - Strawberry Fields
Purple: Zoya - Dannii
Blue: Orly - Halley's Comet
Green: Zoya - Ivanka
Crackle: China Glaze - Cracked Concrete

With crackle, and mostly cleaned up.
Detail of thumb nail.




































Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out. I think using the grey instead of a black crackle makes it less crazy bright looking. The black would have added more contrast. I think either look is good depending on what look you're going for. If you have the white crackle, that would probably look awesome as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...