Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Manicure - Candy Corn!

I started with the Revlon base coat, then a layer of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White on. After letting that dry, I did the yellow layer with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow. Then I used Maybelline Orange Blazes over that. I decided not to make a big deal out of trying to get all the sections evenly spaced or the lines perfectly straight because anyone who's ever eaten a bag of candy corn knows that there are a lot of weird ones in there! After the three colors were done I did a coat of China Glaze White Cap (This is seriously one of my favorite polishes - it looks awesome over pretty much everything) and then topped off everything with a coat of Seche Vite.

This took me quite awhile (2:45 including taking and editing the photos for this post) but not because it's hard - just because I was using small motions with little product on the brush to avoid making a mess (as you can see I had very little clean up) and because I was really careful in letting each color dry before adding to it so as not to smear them at all.  I'm happy with the outcome, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...