Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

No Repeat November!

Although cutting back on makeup & beauty product spending is something I want to do, I've so far not been that successful at setting up limitations to do so. I liked the idea of "Project Use-it" that some people in a Facebook group I participate in are doing, where they rotate which products they're using on a weekly basis in order to stop ignoring many products in their collections. I tried this, but would always either get bored before the week was up and start using other products, or I wouldn't be very good at choosing often ignored products from my stash. 

Then I saw this video from one of my favorite beauty vloggers out there - Lauren at RedheadPhD - where she described the challenge she's doing called "No Repeats November." As soon as I saw the video, I knew that's what I needed to be doing! Basically, she's rotating through all of her makeup products once before going back and using things again. I thought this would be a great way to rediscover some products and make myself use some things I've been ignoring, like the many perfume samples I've collected over time! 

So although it's almost halfway through the month, today I'm starting "No Repeats November" - and I plan to keep going as long as I can! There are a few things I won't be rotating through, at least initially. I'm trying to use up my Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro primer, Revlon Colorstay foundation, Prestige Brow Perfection pencil, and Milani Minerals Compact Makeup. Until those specific products are used up, I won't be rotating in any other foundations, primers, powders, or brow pencils. 

I also only have one clear brow gel (The Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara) and one setting spray (Urban Decay's All-Nighter) so those are also products I won't rotate with anything else.

I've included photos of the products I'm using daily below. I plan to post either on here or on my Facebook page every day's set of products, but I'm not going to include these products. Once they're used up and I'm using something else, then I'll include it! I'm excited to do this challenge. Hopefully it'll help me find old favorites and finally get rid of some products I just don't enjoy. If you find yourself ignoring much of your collection, feel free to join in!! And of course, feel free to tweak the "rules" to suit you (for example, if you're good at rotating your eyeshadows but always wear the same five lip products, maybe just use a different lipstick every day, or something). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...