Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Walgreen's Haul/Review

A few weeks ago, I got off work early and decided to stop at Walgreen's on the way home. In addition to a magazine, I also picked up a few beauty items. 
This is my second bottle of the L'Oreal go 360 Clean cleanser. I had a coupon so I figured I'd pick up another one, since I like it so much. Even though I have oily skin, I got the cream cleanser rather than the gel. Not sure why I picked that one up in the first place, but I liked it enough to buy it again. It leaves a refreshing, clean feeling unlike one I've had with any other cleanser I've used. 

The got2b hair products, which usually are about $6.50 each, were on sale for $5.50 AND buy one get one free. Naturally, I had to give them a try. I was curious about the Guardian Angel heat protector/blow dry lotion after seeing Beauty Broadcasts/Emily's (http://www.beautybroadcast.net/2010/08/another-review-thon.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/user/emilynoel83#p/u/12/82cfyi39NQ0) review on it, so that was my first choice. Because the second one was essentially free, I chose a product I've never tried anything like before: a root-lifting spray.
 I've used each only once, but I really liked the results I got from using the Guardian Angel blow out lotion. My hair seemed to dry pretty quickly, didn't look frizzy, and felt really soft afterwards. Plus, I enjoy the smell of the product, although it is kind of strong, at least it is pleasant. I was less pleased with the root-lifter, however. I really didn't notice any difference. It smelled nice, so I guess nothing bad happened, but I didn't notice any "lift" either. My hair is fine and has no volume at all, so I was really hoping this would change that. Oh well, it was basically free so I'm not complaining. 

I had been wanting one of the eos (evolution of smooth) lip balms for awhile - I had also seen these on Emily's  YouTube channel (BeautyBroadcast) a few times. I had tried their shaving lotion, which I also really like, so I figured these would be worth a shot. The one I got is Summer Fruit scented. I'm not exactly sure what fruit it is, but it smells very nice. It actually kind of tastes like it smells, too, which is nice. Plus, the packaging is just too cute.
I also randomly picked up a few wet n'wild eyeshadows. I hadn't tried their products in awhile, and they're so cheap. These colors looked pretty, so I figured I'd try them. I haven't really had a chance to try these out yet, since I've been in the process of moving and most of my makeup has been packed up. I did swatch them right away, and they seem pretty decently pigmented, at least for the price. (If I remember correctly, these were both under $3).
That's all for this haul. Until next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...