Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mini CVS haul, review, and face of the day


Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad - Inspired
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick - Spellbound, Eternal
Face of the Day using the Revlon quad over Palladio primer and the Covergirl lipstick in Spellbound. (among other products, but those are the new ones)


I love the lipsticks - I have two others that I've had for quite awhile so I knew I liked the formula, and these colors are so pretty! The eyeshadow quad is so disappointing, though. The colors look so lovely and vibrant in the pan but just barely come off. You can't even tell I used the green at all, and the blue is after trying to pack on several layers. I should have known better considering how poorly pigmented the Revlon quads in the older packaging were, but I hoped the formula would be different as well as the packaging and color choices.

This haul was extremely affordable! Covergirl products were buy one get one 50% off and I had a $2.50 off two Covergirl products coupon from the newspaper. Beyond that, when I scanned my card at the machine, I had $5 extrabucks from the Beauty Club, $4.50 in extrabucks from something else, and a $5 off of $25 coupon that I'd put on my card from the website. After all that, I paid less than $3!

Even though the quad was essentially free, I'm still going to return it and get something else instead. Why keep something around that I'm not going to get any use out of? I'd rather try some other new products instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...