Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

L'Oreal Quad: Swatches and Face of the Day

I've picked this particular eyeshadow quad from L'Oreal up many times and always ended up putting it back, until this week when I saw it was on clearance at Target and I finally gave in! 

It's the Studio Secrets Professional Color Smokes eyeshadow quad in Forest Smokes, and it's intended for green eyes (although honestly these colors would be gorgeous regardless of your eye color!)


As always, these are swatched using sponge-tip applicators over NYX white eyeshadow base.
I swatched these in numerical order.
I used them today and I'm happy with it! It seems to be one of the rare eyeshadow sets that doesn't necessarily require other shades to make a look. I used shade 2 all over the lids, blending up towards the brow with shade 3. I used shade 1 in the outer corner and alone on the bottom lashline. I lined my upper lashline first with a brown liner and then went over it with shade 1, although it turns out the green was dark enough that using the brown first was unnecessary. Shade 4 I used in the inner corners.

Other products used in this look:

Urban Decay De Slick spray
Revlon Colorstay foundation
Maybelline Superstay concealer
Jordana powder blush - Redwood
ELF Translucent Mattifying Powder
Prestige Brow Perfection Pencil - Light/Medium
Maybelline Great Lash - clear
MAC Paint Pot - Painterly
Revlon Grow Luscious eyeliner- Espresso
Maybelline The Colossal mascara
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Rendezvous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...